Friday, October 17, 2008

Am a work-a-holic ?


I remember clearly picking up Jason from his condo , and the first word coming out from his mouth was " You just finished work ? OMG ! Are you a gong jok kong (workaholic) ?? "
Let me clear things up a little. I AM NO WORKAHOLIC ! . I feel more like a slave . Arghhh ... really envy those people who work nine-to-five x five days . To have Saturday and Sunday as offdays is really an alien thing for me. I'll be happy enough to jump on the every-sunday-offday-without-miss offer given I've gotta work on certain Sundays as well . Now do you believe me feeling more of a slave ? E.S.S.O . What's the first thing to pop up from your mind seeing that initial ? Many would be guessing it's the petrol station but to me it spells " Every.Saturday.Sunday.Off."

Ironman nickname sounds cool but I really don't fancy that tag hanging around my neck. I wanna be a normal guy who have ample time juggling work and fun and to have the fortuity of going out on dates with my love ones . I truly understand the need to spend quality time together.

Why am I still n this situation and not doing anything ? I've mustered all I could to fight for the weekly breaks but ..... to no avail. There's a reason behind these which I ain't gonna interpret. You can ask me when you see me and i'll try to decipher.

One of the reason why I always wanted to diversify the business .... and that's because I WANNA BREAK FREE !!! And thank God , there's something coming up lately which I hope will realise.

No comments: